This post will highlight the best gaming chairs for 2011. Categories will include floor seat and pedestal-type gaming chairs which are meant more for X-box 360, Playstation 3, and Wii gaming as well as office gaming chairs for PC gaming. Before we begin we wanted to make sure you got this public service announcement.
Best Gaming Chairs 2011 – X-Box 360, Playstation 3, Wii
X Rocker Pro Series H3 4.1 Video Gaming Chair
The new X Rock Pro Series H3 gaming chair brings your favorite games to a new level of intensity. Sit back and enjoy 4 speaker surround sound, a powerful subwoofer, and vibration. It’s large enough for adults and wireless so it doesn’t get cumbersome in your living room.
What one verified owner had to say:
“I bought two chairs from Xrocker, This one and the pedestal version. The difference you notice is that this H3 series has speakers near the front end seat which feeds sound through pretty well… Everything worked fine. My biggest surprise is that the vibration function is VERY STRONG in this model… i.e. You don’t have to turn the volume to deafening levels to feel thumping on your back…as you would with the pedestal version.”
Playseat Evolution Gaming Seat – Ideal for Realistic Racing Simulation
This gaming seat from Playseat Evolution is a little on the pricier side but well worth it as it offers the most realistic racing experience available and is ideal for playing the upcoming Forza 4. It works with every console available (Xbox 360, GameCube, PlayStation2, and even PCs) and has a reinforced steel tubular construction that adds stability and eliminates excess wobble.
What one verified owner had to say:
“Racing games need a wheel, and wheels need to be fixed to something steady. I missed playing racing games because the standard controllers just do not fit the bill. The good news is that the seat is allowing me to rediscover racing games.
Despite being 6ft3 and 200+ lbs the seat is comfortable; I can even slide my 6 year old in, and play with him steering and me on the pedals. Both the pedals and steering wheel attachments are adjustable with its max range out of the comfortable reach of my legs… They also include loads of Velcro and ties to keep things attached. Bottom line, if you like racing games, and want to treat yourself, this seat will fit the bill.”
- Styled like the seat of a high-end sports car; features faux black leather material
- An FM wireless, 3-channel audio feature provides great sound with its fully integrated speakers and subwoofer
- Easy-touch control panel includes: on/fff, volume, input/output, and headphone jack
- Ergonomically contoured for a great style and fit; fold the chair-back down to serve as an ottoman that looks great in any room
- Meets or exceeds all CPSC standards
- Wireless design
- Connects to an Xbox, Playstation, MP3/CD/DVD, home theaters and other devices
- Side control panel, volume, base, power, input/output jacks, headphone jack
- 2.1 speakers with subwoofer
- # Vibration support
Gyroxus Full-Motion Control Video Game Chair with XBOX 360 Controller
- Video game chair enables full-motion body control while playing; USB connection from hand control arm to Xbox 360 or appropriate PC
- Rugged construction with cable-suspended seat that seems to hover over base for low pivot point; 250-pound weight capacity
- With 6 seatback height settings, adjustable hand control, and 4-foot leg rest for comfort; operates with player’s movement and energy only
- Requires easy, tool-free assembly; model for Playstation 3 systems also available
- Measures 48 inches long by 26-1/4 inches wide by 30-3/4 inches high; recommended for ages 12 and up
Best Office Gaming Chairs for PC Video Games
If you watched our public service announcement above, then you know how important it is to have a solid and breathable chair while playing hours of extended gaming. If you’re going to be playing on a PC you’ll probably be using a gaming headset so it’s not necessarily crucial to have installed speakers and other features that console-based chairs offer. Here’s a look at some highly rated office chairs that work well for PC Gaming.
Ergo Value Mesh Mid-Back Task Chair
This well-made office chair from EQA home features swivel, tilt, and tension controls, a comfortable molded seat cushion, and a breathable mesh seatback. It also includes synchro tilt mechanism, tilt & tension control for personal seating comfort. If you’re on a budget and looking for a good mesh chair that’s ergonomic, then strongly consider this one.
Yeah, we know it’s pricey, but there are gamers out there with Quad SLI/Crossfire setup, and 3 monitor setups that need everything. The Playseat Elite Office Gaming Chair gives you just that, everything.
Key features include adjustable anodized aluminum gaming arms allow for perfect ergonomic placement of your gaming peripherals, heavyweight, powder-coated steel swivel chair mechanism with a height adjustable gas spring mechanism, Anodized aluminum legs with caster wheels, Durable synthetic leather upholstery fabric, and patented foldable seat, reclining backrest, and PC Elite A.R.M.S.
About: So that’s our wrap up of the 10 best chairs for gaming in 2011. If you feel liked we missed a chair you’d like us to feature or have a comment about one of the chairs we did feature, then please leave feedback below. We actively respond to visitor inquiries. You can also go here to our sister site for more gaming pc hardware.